[Zope-PTK] keyerror: "logout" on importing ZopeOrg.zexp

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:36:13 -0500

Bruce wrote:
> Cool. Remember that Butch is a consultant, too. You might
> consider contracting
> him for something.

Needless to say I've already contacted Butch about this, but his dance
card was pretty full.  Butch, if this has changed, send me a private
note...

> > plus let it leverage the facilities (namely Membership) in the PTK.
>
> The PTK appears to have a lot to offer. When you guys have a
> chance, please
> package up the missing pieces that keep it from installing on
> 2.1.2 so that
> I can get a look at it :-)

Yeh. :^)  I'm in the Minneapolis airport right now so I'm not sure how
much was done today.  Basically we need to get it into a public CVS
area.

> I got a long email from Butch this morning on his future plans for
> Squishdot. It sounds as if he's planning a near-complete
> rewrite, based
> on Z-classes, to facilitate future development. I concur with
> this. I'd
> like to see it retargeted to use ZDiscussions as a base and

This was the genesis of the discussion with the person doing the
funding.  ZClasses are still finicky enough that it pays to be near Jim.
:^)

> also the PTK
> classes. The membership services that the PTK provides
> ZopeOrg (going by
> the version served from zope.org) at present work well for a
> discussion
> site: lots of people want to put up files and images related to their
> articles, and a per-member resource area like that in ZopeOrg
> works well.

Glad to hear that you think that paradigm works.  Some of the ideas
there are being extrapolated pretty wildly for PTK, to better cover the
production workflow of content (read: moderation/reviewing).

> Technocrat.net and squishdot.org are presently served from my
> basement and
> tend to die while I'm traveling. I am currently looking for executive
> offices to lease for Linux Capital Group (my company, see linuxvc.com)
> and will eventually move my zope there and have some
> professional system
> and content management, etc. In the meantime I have ordered a
> watchdog card
> for the system, and will set up a back-up site at our Tucson location.

Excellent to hear that!  Do me a favor and tell me what the max hit rate
you've sustained when you were Slashdotted, say in hits/hour or
something your log file analysis program produces?

> I misspelled Gregor's name, it's "Gregor Hoffleit
> <flight@debian.org>".
> Please make sure the corrected spelling gets in the CREDITS file.

Will do!

--Paul