[Zope-PTK] Article on various portal softwares

Karl Fast Karl Fast <karl.fast@pobox.com>
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 11:22:50 -0600

> > Good read for new ideas etc:
> > http://www.data.com/features/0112.html
>
> Boy, those are pretty cheap too!  Thanks _very_ much for the note, I'll
> add a Link on Zope.org and add it to the docs as well.

I really like how the lead-in says "a few dollars" will get you a
portal. What planet are these people from? A quarter million is a
little more than "a few dollars." A modest 500 person will shell out
at least $100,000. And that doesn't include hardware or the time to
install, configure, customize, develop content, test for usability,
and deploy.

I'm giving a talk about "app servers/content management systems" at
Intranets 2000 next month. I will probably touch on these instant
portals for "a few dollars" snowjobs. Thanks so much for the link.

karl