[Zope-PTK] Revised DemoPortal finally out

Jonathan listsmurf@vgmi.net
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:16:12 +0200

>PTKers,
>
>You know what they say--"release early and release often".  This isn't
>perfect by a longshot but it Works For Me.  The latest revisions are in
>CVS.  I've divided DemoPortal into two products, Wizard and DemoPortal,
>since Wizard can and will be used elsewhere.  I've also created a new
>Python base class that the wizard depends on, ZCallable.  So you'll
>have to install that also.
>
>Eventually we'll either consolidate the PTK or create a product
>installation system so that users can grab it with a few clicks.
>
>When Ty releases the new version of his LoginManager, we'll delete that
>part of the repository.

Ah cool. I just moved one of my Zope PTK projects over, and as far as
I can see there aren't any 'showstoppers' :)

Still one problem remains though; when I request either of the following

  /Members/username/
  /Members/username/index_html

Zope returns a 'Resource not found' error. This is also the case when
I catalog all DTML Documents in the SiteIndex and search for all
documents containing 'username' for example. When the link to
username's homepage is clicked, Zope returns the same error. It works
when I request

  /Members/username/index_html/index_html

which shows me username's homepage. Am I overlooking something here?
Is there a fix or workaround for it?

Thnx
Jonathan