[Zope-PTK] Roles, Groups, Security and Group Membership

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:55:06 +0100

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

<snip "Role Mappings">

So basically it lets Roles have Roles in the same way users have roles?

> This was done because we wanted a way to map between LDAP
> groups and Zope roles.

Well, does illustrate my point about what Zope's missing ;-)

> Unfortunately, this only works on a
> per-LoginManager basis; ideally Zope would allow "local role" configuration
> to configure role mappings as well.

Didn't get this, can you explain it again? :S

> or maybe there
> needs to be some object analagous to LoginManager for doing local roles,
> that can be added to an ObjectManager.

This sounds like what I'm thinking of, could you elaborate further?

cheers,

Chris