[Zope-PTK] LoginManager Grief

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:30:36 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>
To: "Kevin Dangoor" <kid@kendermedia.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 6:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-PTK] LoginManager Grief

> Kevin Dangoor wrote:
> > I had trouble with it earlier... but I used it last week, and it worked
> > great.
>
> Hmmm, what version of Zope was that in?

CVS as of then (two weeks back, I guess). I'm assuming it should work in the
beta.

> > The only problem with this method is that you can't modify the
> > Product and create a new "Distribution" from that.
>
> I didn't get this, could you explain with an example for someone of
> limited intellect like me ;-)

For some reason that is unknown to me, if you create a distribution and
install it in a different Zope, the Distribution tab for the product is
simply not there. So, someone could make changes to the product, but they
cannot make a new Distribution based on those changes. (They should be able
to Export the product, though.)

Kevin