[Zope-PTK] Refactoring Discussable

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:10:12 +0100

"Dan L. Pierson" wrote:

> 2. It would be kind of nice for reply authors to be able to edit their
> replies, but this brings up the same issues that make my replies not
> be "mine".  Namely, if I change or delete one of my replies it may
> well disturb the entire thread that follows.  This problem may well
> override the desire to the the author edit replies, IHMO.
>
> It sounds to me like some combination of keeping DiscussionItems
> within their host Discussable but retaining separate permissions for
> them is a good way to go.

Thinking about this, there's no reason why PTK can't ship with an
"Immuatble Discussable" base class. This meets many needs.

If I want a site where discussion items are owned, in a stronger sense,
by contributors, then I can make my own base-class for this.

Can we define an interface that abstracts over different implementations
of discussable content?

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer