[Zope-PTK] problems with LoginManager

tav tav" <tav@espnow.com
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 05:53:14 +0100

hey there all,

i was wondering if someone could help me out with this little problem i
have.

i have had zope running perfectly for quite some time now, then i got some
free time this week, and decided to give PTK a go - so i got the 0.7.1
snapshot, and bunged it onto the server. all was well, i even got a portal
working.

however, when i tried to "join" as an anonymous user - i got the join form -
but when i clicked register after filling in a new username and email
address, i got the following error message:

----

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: 'None' object has no attribute '__of__'
----

no matter what i did - this kept happening - i could do anything i wanted
to - as superuser, but, try to create an account - and bang - theres this
error on the registration stage

i even tried getting the latest version of LoginManager. however, installing
that broke everything, so i went back to the PTK install.

if anyone could help me out here, i would truly appreciate it. thanks in
advance ;)

i also have two smaller questions:

(1) how do i edit the content on that front page - i was able to add a news
item - but not edit the content

(2) where can i find any helpful links for someone new to PTK - i have
looked in the PTK Dashboard on zope.org - but it was of limited help :/

Any extra advice would be much appreciated. thanks

--
tav