[Zope-PTK] Membership Component Preview Release

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:38:49 -0600

Kevin Dangoor wrote:

[...]

>     Please try this out on a spare Zope and let me know what you think!

Pretty cool, man!

So far, I have a few comments:

Complaint: No way to manage the users.
Is there a way to manage users, such as deleting them, resetting their
password, changing their roles?

Problem:  The whole acl_users folder causing problems
->worked around in other post

Compliment: This thing looks really, really good so far.

I am trying it out on a test site, a duplicate of a production site
(http://gaming.activeboise.com).

I have a problem with adding ZClass instances, but I think it is related
to the security model changes in 2.2.

In nutshell:
-> I have the MeetingMangement product installed.
-> Anonymous users can sign up.
-> Members, have the permissions, but
   can't sign up, the forbidden page
   telling me I need to have Manager
   role.

(details posted to Zope-dev (2x perhaps), but nothing seems to be coming
through there...)