[Zope-PTK] PTK

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 18:05:23 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Alexander" <steve@cat-box.net>
To: "Tres Seaver" <tseaver@palladion.com>
Cc: "DETKE WOLFGANG" <wolfgang.detke@stawa.de>; <zope-ptk@zope.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2000 5:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope-PTK] PTK

> I needed to have one particular PortalContent type that was always
> available for all Members to add, and have instantly made public.
>
> I didn't want to make all Members into Contributors, because there are
> other PortalContent types that I want to go through the review process.

You could make the add method for that piece of PortalContent have a proxy
role of "Contributor".

> A question for the future of PTK: Should we be able to make different
> PortalContent types have different reviewing policies? What is the best
> way of decoupling the reviewing policy from the content type?

This is where DataSkins would be useful (or something based on Observer).
DataSkins will allow customization of PortalContent on a folder by folder
basis. Either method would allow customization of review procedures on a
folder by folder basis. (And there's no reason why you can't have you method
check the meta_type to make a decision.)

Kevin