[Zope-PTK] Getting it all to work ;-)

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:15:45 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2000 9:27 AM
Subject: [Zope-PTK] Getting it all to work ;-)

> So I'm on TeamPTK which, I guess, means I should at least have the PTK
> up and running ;-)
>
> Checkout the latest PTK CVS, fine...
>
> Copy all the bits to the right places, fine...
> -LoginManager (from PTK CVS)
> -PTKBase
> -PTKDemo
>
> Get ZPatterns 0.4.0a4
> -Built that DynPersist thing...
>
> (If PTK depends on ZPatterns, this step needs to be eliminated before
> PTK 1.0 ;-)

The DynPersist thing will go away, because it is not needed with Zope 2.2.

> ...fine, no complaints.
>
> Restart Zope.. not fine...
>
> LoginManager is broken (and hence PTKBase) with the following traceback:

The current version of LoginManager does not work with ZPatterns 0.4. You
should be fine if you install ZPatterns 0.3.

Also, as I understand it, the DemoPortal.zexp file does not work in the
current CVS version. I have a fixed version here, but Shane said that he
worked on it as well... so, I didn't want to step in the way of what he was
doing. If there is interest, I can probably make a very simple to install
snapshot of the current PTK.

Kevin