[Zope-PTK] CVS and development protocol (was Getting it all to work)

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:03:11 -0400

Steve Alexander wrote:
> For example, Shane has reported that DC have done some really useful
> stuff with the Wizards -- including error handling. This is great.
> However, I've not seen any discussion of the design for error handling
> in Wizards on the PTK wiki, nor on the list.

I'm deep in Zope source trying to debug some strange, show-stopping
permissions errors.  I just can't get the wizard/etc. to work like it
should until I solve them.

I wanted to get that solved before I released a new DemoPortal.  To get
DemoPortal imported correctly, do the following:

1. Copy PersistentUserSource.py to the old location.
2. Import DemoPortal.zexp.
3. Delete the "LoginUser" ZClass from the DemoPortal product, which is
no longer needed.  This is the only reason import has been failing.
4. Delete the copy of PersistentUserSource.py you made and restart Zope
to verify that nothing is broken in DemoPortal.
5. Export DemoPortal to a new zexp and check it into CVS so everyone
can enjoy. :-)

I'm sorry I haven't been able to give out my work.  My work, frankly,
is *not working yet*.  That is to say, there is no one, including us at
DC, who has gotten the PTK to work like it should in Zope 2.2, ever.
:-(  That's why it's taking so long.

Shane