[Zope-PTK] Portal related Zope question

Ivan Mackintosh ivan@rcp.co.uk
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:08:44 GMT

Hi

I am trying to set my portal up as follows:

In the Portal class of the DemoPortal product I have created a folder that
contains a few DTMLMethods to act as a new user interface.

From the menu (when the member is logged in) they have a hyperlink to the new
interface pages.

Problem I get is that as soon as I click on the hyperlink I get the Zope admin
login dialog box. Pressing cancel then gives me the error Unauthorized.
The traceback shows the problem to be within standard_html_header as
'this()' is used.

If I move the interface DTML Methods out of the folder so they are simply in
the Portal class then everything works fine. But if I do this then I am going
to get an awful lot of DTML Methods lying around in an unstructured way.

I guess this is a namespace problem. Is there some way that the folder can
be given the same namespace as its parent. So that a call to
standard_html_header from within the folder will work? Or am I going against
the gain of how a portal should be constructed???

Thanks for any help
Ivan