[Zope-PTK] Styles

Nolan Darilek nolan_d@bigfoot.com
Fri, 03 Mar 2000 19:07:58 -0600

Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far; I'm having lots of fun
with this! :)

The PTK seems to use tables extensively. While I don't have any
problems with this, I'm using Zope on a portal site which is being
operated within a university environment, so accessibility is an even
greater concern. I have a series of ideas on how to flatten tables
into a more linear, menu-like format with a few key accessibility
features, but I'm confused about how to implement this.

What I'd like to do is to replace certain classes of tags with certain
other HTML tags, and create a separate style which can be selected as
the user's preference, or activated and deactivated by clicking on a
link near the bottom of the page. What I mean by this is that, I'd
like to replace the <table> tag which begins a menu with:

<a name="TOP">

And </table> with:

Can I do this with the CSS methods in the styles folder? Is CSS what
I'd need for something like this? Or, if not, is there some other
method which I can use to support something like this?

Thanks a bunch.