[Zope-PTK] SQLMembers Based Portal Q

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:29:27 -0700

Mike Pelletier wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, Bill Anderson wrote:
>
> > Any updates on this yet?
> > I have yet to look into LoginManager much yet.
>
>     As you probably noticed, you can now set up a DemoPortal which uses
> the LoginManager.  The only useful reason to do so, IMO, are the

Yes, I noticed (recently got a new cvs dump).

> LoginMethods portion of LoginManager.  The rest (UserSources, property
> sheets) are not complete enough to replace the training-wheels
> implementation that the PTK installs.

I noticed ;)
If I had more time available (got a lottery ticket! ;) ), I'd help more
with it. As it is, I have enough on my plate. I am curious about
upgrading cvs code (the main reason I haven;t yet). How much will it
break things?

>     LoginMethods are very useful and cool.  If you haven't looked into
> what they are yet, I can give you an overview.

Please. Especially if you can give an overview to hooking one into a db
(UserSource, IIUC). :)

> > Were the changes made, if so what were they?
>
>     A couple changes were made to the PTK in preparation for LoginManager.
> The 'addMember' function was moved off of acl_users and onto the portal
> object, and the means of working a Member's propertysheets changed.

So, addMember is now called y the Portal itsself, to be defined in
whatever form of authentication is chosen?

Cool.

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.