[Zope-PTK] user property sheet status

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 13:09:44 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Steve Alexander wrote:

> You could make a new type of PortalContent that is a "BiogDocument".
> Allow PTK users to create a BiogDocument in their "my stuff" user
> directory. The BiogDocument constructor puts the document in at a
> standardised ID (for example, "biogpage_html").
>
> The BiogDocument holds all the data you suggested for the property
> sheet, with defaults coming from the user's own propertysheet (if any).

We considered the approach of creating a "biography" ZClass and letting
users add one to their folders. Having a property sheet attached to each
user seems so much more elegant to me.

Will there be support for user property sheets? I know this has been
discussed, but I don't remember hearing what the status was.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/