[Zope-PTK] Adding LoginManager at the root

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Mon, 15 May 2000 23:28:44 -0400

Kevin Dangoor wrote:

> I'd like to replace my main acl_users folder with a LoginManager.
> Logged in as the superuser, I'm able to delete the acl_users folder
> and then add an acl_users LoginManager. However, I'm not able to add
> a UserSource or SheetProvider, because "Objects cannot be owned by
> the superuser".

Jim just checked in changes today to fix the bootstrapping problem
caused by the new security problem.  If you are using CVS, then a
'cvs update -A' in the lib/python/AccessControl folder would probably
fix this.

> Has anyone tried adding a LoginManager at the root? I'm thinking that
> I can probably work around this by building up a new LoginManager
> elsewhere (logged in as something other than superuser), and then
> move that LoginManager to the root...

Cut-and-paste is not supposed to change ownership, so perhaps that would
work.  I'd still go for updating from CVS, though.

Tres Seaver                          tseaver@digicool.com