[Zope-PTK] reconfig portal bug/viewing member folders/editing user stats...?

Alexander Schonfeld alex@garage.co.jp
Wed, 31 May 2000 19:32:19 +0900

I'm using patched PTK, 8.6 loginmanager, zope 2.16...

When I login to the portal as a regular user, I can't see the
"reconfigure portal" option. (as I shouldn't)  But if I go to
"Preferences" then "My Stuff"... magically the "Reconfigure Portal"
option becomes available.  Then even joe average user can change some
important stuff.
	port/logged_in
	port/personalize_form
	port/Members/fred/portal_contents
	port/portal_config
is the basic flow.

Minor thing 1 I'm wondering why viewing:
http://some.net/port/Members/fred
doesn't find the index_html etc for other users even when logged into
the portal as an administrator.  Should it be getting the index_html
when viewing the folder like this?

Minor thing 2 is for some reason when logged in as the portal admin
(created when creating the portal), going to:
http://some.net/port/Members/admin/index_html/index_html
causes an attrib error... with "getHomeUrl".

Also, is it possible to edit the Members/administrators through the Zope
admin/LoginManager interface?  Or is the Zope admin part of the storage
used by LoginManager not implemented yet?

Thanks,

Alex.

1010011010101001101010100110101010011010
0  Digital Garage
1  Alexander Schonfeld
0  alex@garage.co.jp - pear - 03-5454-7219
1  http://www.zope.ne.jp/