[Zope-PTK] management Problems

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:37:10 -0800

Chris Withers wrote:

> Monty Taylor wrote:
> >
> > I would imaging you to be working on something similar for Swishdot. Any
> > luck? (Or have I missed something in my chucked attempts I should re-look
> > at? )
>
> Yahoo-like categorization is very low on my list of priorities. Swishdot
> is still going to be more abotu weblog-style discussions...

How about heirarchial consolidation? By that I mean that a
Swishdot instance 'above' another would have the posibility
of 'promoting' a posting to the main weblog as well as in
the subordinate one (with the thread mirrored in both).

This is not quite the same as full Yahoo-like heirarchies
using ZTopics, but would solve the most pressing need
(subordinate sections). I guess this would need several
Swishdot instances using the same catalog.

What do you think?

Michael Bernstein.