[Zope-PTK] Re: XHTML Proposal (was Dynamic meta-type based templating)

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 13:19:02 +0200

> Rik Hoekstra wrote:
> > This reminds me a lot of what I am trying to do with my ZECF product .
>
> I presume both this and Kamon's stuff were attempting to solve the
> problems now being addresses by the XHTML templating proposal. Is that
> the case? What is the status of both these bits of work (and the XHTML
> proposal for that matter ;-)

In my case: not quite, it's broader as it doesn't just direct itself at
templating. The problem domain is more on the PTK level, only different
;-) - much more specific. For most parts using the PTK (though I have little
experience with it) would mean just about as much work as using plain Zope,
though integration should be possible. Especially the Membership things look
promising.
The XHTML/Hiperdom or even the HTML Widgets proposals could well be
integrated as well, I just postponed that to a later stage though as it is
hard enough to get a basic product working well enough... And presumably the
use of other products will also require a more elaborate installing
procedure, which is not desirable for an 'out of the box site' product.

Rik