[Zope-PTK] Announcing ZPatterns 0.4.3b1 and LoginManager 0.8.8b1

Michael Bernstein webmaven@lvcm.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 06:37:41 -0700

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:

> Michael Bernstein wrote:
>
> > So which is it? Is the local roles fix in, or not?
> >
> > I'd also be very interested in hearing about this
> > broken interface in Zope.
>
> The broken interface is that Zope requires a list of all users, which may
> not be available.  Instead, you should be able to type in a user's name,
> Zope checks if it exists, and if it does lets you set its local roles.

Ah. So it's a broken *user* interface. That *is* a seriously
needed improvement, I hope it gets folded into the Zope main
distribution. Has it been submitted to the collector as a
patch?

Michael Bernstein.