[Zope-PTK] Does a CMS=VLE? ( Was: Content Management Articles)

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 21:30:02 +0100

> From: "Rik Hoekstra" <rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl>
> To: "Ender" <kthangavelu@earthlink.net>,
> "Spicklemire, Jerry" <Jerry.Spicklemire@IFLYATA.COM>
> Cc: <zope-ptk@zope.org>
> Subject: Re: [Zope-PTK] Content Management Articles

[snip]

> While geared to a specific market, many of the educational products would
> also qualify as content management suites I'd think if only for
> completeness.
> There are some discussed on the Zope-edu wiki
> http://www.zope.org/Wikis/zope-edu/ReviewsAndLinks
>
> (these do not include the multimillion dollar solutions of the major
> vendors who all have an interest in the educational market)

I think it's a bit more than "completeness". The validity
Content Management System = Virtual Learning Environment equation
was one of the issues picked up on during a recent workshop
session I was involved with. If you're interested it's all
at http://www.bris.ac.uk/ISC/cms/

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bris.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/