[Zope-PTK] Using Portal Toolkit and login manager

neeloy_saha neeloy_saha@infy.com
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 17:40:44 +0530

Hi all,

I am unable to create a portal with the login manager  ... It does not give
me the right to create the members. So I am not able to create my first
member. In case i do not give my first user name , i am able to create the
portal...but all those features of 'join in' does not work and each time i
get the following error.

I am using
	    Zpattern           : version ZPatterns-0-4-1snap1 [ I have been
using dynpersist.pyd from some other rev ]
                login manager  : LoginManager-0-8-7a1
	    Demo  Portal   : 0.8.2
	    Membership    : Membership 0.7.0
	    Membership    : 0.6
	    Platform   : winNT/win95 tested on both
	    zope : 2.2.0

I am getting error in the  following portion of the code :
error type : Name error
error value : client
===========
def _v_currentSheets(self,_v_dm_=_v_dm_):

        """PropertySheets tuple (analagous to __propsets__)"""

        l = []

        for sp in self.__dict__[_v_dm_]._uniqueProviders(('sheets',)):
            l.extend(list(sp._PropertySheetsFor(client)))

        self._v_currentSheets = tuple(l)
        return self._v_currentSheets

My only inference is this global ' client' is not being set somewhere. Did
some code mining, found out that this variable client occurs in another
python file called : lib/python/products/Zpattern//propertysheets.py

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP ME.... I am a zope newcomer and stuck by this
bug.....??? Can somebody point out the direction in which i should look. all
views are welcome.....anything !!! u can mail directly to my id also.....

-neeloy