[Zope-PTK] What is the PTK?

kamon ayeva kayeva@hotmail.com
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 15:54:48 GMT

Hi,

I mostly agree with Chris, and think that there would be more than 2
products available on top of ZCMT and usable out-of-the-box. I am thinking
about ZDP-Tools which will soon be available as a brand new solution. Also
the ZCMT part could integrate some stuff from the ZDP-Tools architecture
like:
- the Model/View/Controler paradigm,
- the "everything derive from one base class" idea,
- and some ideas we are currently experimenting about "per meta_type
templating"

Just one thing, when Chris writes the following...
>How's this for a possible future:
>The tools in PTK Base work their way into the Zope core over a period of
>time and either ship as standard or come in a couple of very-standard
>add on modules:
>- Zope Content Management Tools
>- Zope Community Management Tools

I think we should pay attention to not introduce new naming/concept related
confusion in people's mind. What is exactly 'Community Management' versus
'Content Management' ? I think of Membership, but are you also thinking of
Mail / Groupware related features ?

-- Kamon
Ecubateur