[Zope-PTK] New tool proposal: portal_events

Andrew Wilcox circle@gwi.net
Tue, 05 Sep 2000 15:44:20 -0400

>> (Er, was that very
>> clear?  Perhaps an example?)
>
>yes please :-S

Let's brainstorm a bunch of events we might have in a portal.  Then when we
investigate a proposed framework such as DOM Level 2, Java 1.1, etc., we
can look at from the perspective of our examples.  We might say, oh, that
framework is overkill; or, wow, just the ticket; or, very nice but it's
missing something *we* need.

What kind of events might we have?

What are the properties, attributes, meta-data associated with each event?

Please make suggestions on my meager beginnings:

Content is added
    date content was added
    type of content
    dublin core meta-data
    what else?

Content is ready for review
    date of event
    what else?

Content is deleted
    date of deletion
    what else?

A user joins the portal
    date of joining
    information about the user: name, email, etc.
    what else?

A user is promoted to a new role, such as "reviewer"
    date of promotion
    information about the user
    what else?

A policy of the portal changes
    what kind of policies do we have?

A workflow status changes
    date of status change
    ?

A new comment is added to the discussions of an object
    date of addition
    dublin meta-data
    what else?

Also, what kinds of meta-data will we typically want to filter on,
independent of the primary type of the event?