[Zope-PTK] AW: [Zope-PTK] How to add topics

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Wed, 06 Sep 2000 19:14:46 -0400

Gottfried Ryser wrote:

> Thank you, I see the text inside the portal under "My stuff" on the Desktop,
> but seems not publish, even I set status "published"

This sounds like a permission problem -- "normal" users can't publish
their
own content, but only submit it for review.  Members with the "Reviewer"
role can then publish or reject it;  the "Contributor" role is for
"trusted"
users, who can publish without review.

> But other problems are
> around  (PTK 0.8.2) like en error whan hitting reconfigure the portal and
> "Click here to replace...
>
> I see in the index page the code for the news items "<a href="<dtml-var
> "getCatalog()..." do I nee something similar to get the Documents listet?

The main page for the portal is intended to be customized heavily, to
present
whatever overview of the site's content seems best to the portal owner.
Try copying the DTML which generates the news items list, and change the
metatype passed to the catalog query to 'Document' -- you should get a
list
of (published) Documents, instead (or all Documents, if you are the
manager,
or published and pending documents, if you are a "Reviewer").

> Do I need other modules like ZCallable?
> the following error msg:
>
> Error Type: NameError
> Error Value: Control_Panel

Hmm, that looks like a bug in the PTK;  normal through-the-web code
doesn't
traverse through the Control Panel like that.