[Zope-PTK] Integrating zope portal toolkit and ntuserfolder

neeloy_saha neeloy_saha@infy.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 17:59:19 +0530

Hi guys,

Can someone tell me how do i go abt integrating the zope portal toolkit with
the login manager??

Basically i want the following features.

1. if i do a join member. Then i will get the form with username and
password field. The guy will fill in the ntuser domain name and password. In
case  that is validated by the domain controller. a new member will be
created and then in the "members folder of ptk" the folder of the user will
be created

2. log in : The person will only be able to log in if the following
condition all are true:-
    * he has joined in. i.e means a proper folder under the directory
       "members" exists.
    * the authentication is done against the username and the domain name
      from the domain controller.

I am a zope newbie :-- and much conversant with the zope architecture.
Therefore i am having problems abt the way to go abt it.

But till now what i have done:
    * managed to stitch together a portal with the login manager support.
    * configured the NTUserFolder and then am able to create an instance
      in a particular portal folder and then assign local roles to the
      user from the NT domain name.

where i am stuck??
    * how do i integrate.....?? any pointers. I saw the "how to" by tseaver
abt doing that for the login manager and the smbUserFolder.....??

any pointers would help

-neeloy