[Zope-PTK] Integrating Membership with SMBUserFolder (was: [Zope-PTK] Integratingzope portal toolkit and ntuserfolder)zope portal toolkit and ntuserfolder)

Monty Taylor mtaylor@goldridge.net
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 15:42:05 +0200

Hey guys,

To implement this, (Membership providing user folders), why don't we make a User
object inherit from Folder as well and make a Member his own member folder? That
makes for a simple <dtml-in "REQUEST['AUTHENTICATED_USER']">, and would make for a
simple system of separating Portal functionality from Membership. I think it should
help the problem of having one user source and multiple portals. Conceivably, one
would want one's content to follow them around? Or am I off my rocker?
The one problem I could see with this is the implementation of a RDBMS backed
data-source.
Comments?
Monty