[Zope-PTK] Informal Poll

Michael Bernstein mbernstein@profitscape.com
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:55:57 -0500

Hello all,

I've been struggling with some Loginmanager/Membership issues, and was
wondering if my concerns were unique.

I feel that it's important for LoginManager to interoperate with the
rest of Zope's security machinery. Specifically, Members/Users in
LoginManager User Sources need to be listed (or be capable of being
listed) in the local roles interface.

The reason I feel this is important, is to make it possible to easily
delegate control of an area of the site to a member stored in a
LoginManager.

Currently, I've gotten to the point where members are listed in the
local roles interface, and I can create local roles for members.

I have run into what appears to be a security bug, described here:
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-ptk/2000-September/001722.html

Anyway, I figured I'd ask and see if this concerns anyone else. So
please respond to the list or privately (but not both, please), and I'll
summarize to the list.

How important is it for you to be able to assign local roles to users
stored in User Sources using the local roles interface?

5 - Critical/Immediate need
4 - Very Important
3 - Important
2 - Not Very Important
1 - Not Important At All
0 - You're Nuts!

Thanks,

Michael Bernstein.

P.S. If I don't get enough responses, I'll probably repost this to
zope-dev.