[Zope-CMF] WebDAV, ZPT & CMF

Seb Bacon seb@jamkit.com
02 Apr 2001 10:58:07 +0100

Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone tried editing/customising a CMF instance via WebDAV?
>
> Can WebDAB used as a 'front end' to the CMF or is the normal web interface the
> onyl way for 'users' to interact with a site, as opposed to 'editors', etc, if
> you see what i mean?

I've been having a lot of problems with WebDAV - I've not got round to
investigating it properly yet, but there seems to be some problem with
publishing to Member Folders in the CMFDefault over webDAV.  Outside
Member Folders everything seems to work OK.   I've decided, though, that
in the the context of the CMF WebDAV is not a good idea, since it
removes any way of enforcing inclusion of metadata.  This decision
conveniently means I won't need to look into the Member Folder issue,
either...;-)

seb