[Zope-CMF] using the subject property

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 07:26:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Ben Riga wrote:

> Very cool.  I wouldn't wave the TP manual to high.  You're dating
> yourself.  <vbg>

Heh, don't I know it.  TP for CP/M was the first "professional
tool" I ever bought, in what turned out to be my real career.

> So have you tried integrating Delphi and Zope?  I've wondered if
> there is any way for Delphi developers to take advantage of the
> Zope/CMF infrastructure.

I haven't looked at it, I'm afraid;  I no longer even boot to
Windows except to read MS Project files dumped on me by hapless
project managers. :)

I did a presentation for HADP on integrating Delphi and Python:

 http://www.palladion.com/HADP_Jan99/

Assuming that the "Python embedding components",
  http://www.multimania.com/marat/delphi/python.htm
still work, then it should be possible to open and manipulate
the ZODB directly from within a Python script running under
Delphi:

  import Zope
  app = Zope.app()
  cmf_site = app.CMF_Site

If 'cmf_site' is exposed as a variable to Delphi code, then
the Delphi app could call its methods directly (I *think*;
I haven't tried this).