[Zope-CMF] Can't change the logo.png

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 19:08:08 -0400

> Ben Riga wrote:
>
> I just hit an interesting one and am wondering if anyone else has
> hit this.
>
> I'm trying to customize the skin for my site.  To do that I:
>
> - went to the portal_skins/Images folder, chose logo.png and hit
>   the customize button to copy it to my custom folder
>
> - I then went to the custom folder and tried to upload a new
>   image into the logo.png
>
> - It seemed to be successful and I can see that the file size
>   changed but when I try to view the image I still see the Zope logo

This is the classic fingerprint of a caching problem:  check that your
browser is not caching the image (you may have to assault it with a
big stick to get it to release the cached version).  Another culprit
could be a dodgy upstream cache.

> I've worked around this by creating another Image in the custom
> folder (mylogo.png) and uploading into that and changing the
> index_html file to pull the new image in.  This is obviously
> not the most elegant solution.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

Investigate the caching options your browser provides;  on a
Netscape 4.x browser, I typically set the "Every time" option
for staleness checking.