[Zope-CMF] Action Box

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sat, 07 Apr 2001 00:27:28 -0400

Norman Khine wrote:

> When adding options to the action box, ie adding additional links, or
> building an action box dependant on the type of users being loged in. My
> question is how can this be done?

You have several options:

 1. Derive a new class implementing the 'portal_actions' interface
    (perhaps subclassing from CMFCore.ActionsTool), which returns
    the values you want.

 2. Extend one or more of the other "ActionProvider" tools (currently,
    'portal_workflow', 'portal_membership', and 'portal_discussion')
    to provide the actions.

 3. Replace the 'portal_actions' tool with a folder of the same name,
    containing     PythonScripts, 'listFilteredActionsFor' and
    'listFilteredActions'; return the values you want from these methods.

 4. Wait for CMF 1.1, which will (very likely) have a through-the-web
    configurable version of CMFCore.ActionsTool.  CMF 1.1 will likely
    be available    in mid to late May, given current commitments.