[Zope-CMF] Getting to grips with CMF

Ivan Cornell icornell@yahoo.com
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 15:56:43 -0700 (PDT)

After getting to know zope (& python) for the last few months, using
zclasses to build the core of my site sucessfully, I'm having another go
at trying to grok CMF. I'm finding it difficult to figure out what is
going on in the code & where I should hook in my modifications. After
several nights of glazed over eyes, I wonder if anyone can help me with
what I want...

Changing the workflow:
Members documents are always visible on their pages (No privacy here!),
but not searchable by default and if they 'publish', editors take a copy
of the document, edit it & place that into the main site area.

Discussions:
I want members to be able to comment on my non-cmf aware pages (zclass
instances). Also I want the discussions to be flat, ie you can't comment
on comments - how do you turn that off?

ZCatalog:
My existing zclasses are catalogaware - can they share the catalog with
cmf for unified searching?

Thanks,

Ivan