[Zope-CMF] Re: usage of getCustomizableObject

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:04:35 -0400

Martijn Pieters wrote:

> In all of the FS* objects, the method manage_doCustomize calls the
> acquired method DirectoryView.getCustomizableObject(), but doesn't do
> anything with the return value:
>
>   def manage_doCustomize(self, folder_path, data=None, RESPONSE=None):
>
>       custFolder = self.getCustomizableObject()
>
>       ... no usage of custFolder
>
> What is it's intent? To raise an error if no DirectoryView object is
> found? In that case no getCustomizableObject method will be found either,
> so it misses the point a bit.
>
> Can I just remove the call? (And the method, it isn't used anywhere else).

Oops, that's pretty silly isn't it?  That's what I get for copying and
pasting.  Yeah you can just remove the calls (but not the method itself
since DirectoryView uses it.)  This is one of the methods that need to
go in a common base class.

Shane