[Zope-CMF] Re: Trouble Adding New Content Types Using Zclass

Dave Woolston davew@digicool.com
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:22:35 -0400

Vovchyk wrote:

> I followed the Portal Poll tutorial and managed to create new content
> type.

Sorry, this has been out of date.

> Instances can be created under manager role.
> Other roles also create  the instance but  I've got ERROR
>
> Error type:     Unauthorized
> Error value:    User t is not allowed to access
> /Portal/Members/testmember/newpoll/indexObject, which is contained in
> /Portal/Members/testmember/newpoll. The user, whose roles are ('Member',
> 'Owner'), would need to have one of the following roles: ('Manager',
> 'Manager').

For the purposes of this tutorial, you can select the proxy tab on the
EditDone DTML method and select to run this method as Manager.
This will get your content item in the catalog.

> Another problem is I can not see the 'newpoll'  item in My Stuff  (even
> if its is created under manager role). All content types are selected to
> be filtered out in the folder.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but if all content types are selected
to be filtered out, I don't think you would see anything.  Try to add
one of the canned types (i.e. file or Document) and see if they show
up.  Check your configuration in the portal_types tool.

HTH,
Dave
Dave Woolston   davew@digicool.com
Digital Creations  www.digicool.com