[Zope-CMF] XMLRPC + CMF = NoGo.

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
13 Apr 2001 00:21:07 -0600

On 12 Apr 2001 21:35:00 -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Bill Anderson wrote:
> >
> > Well, I've been able to track my xml-rpc issues to the CMF. ONLY in CMF
> > do I get errors about /RPC2 not found. If I use a simple xml-rpc script
> > to see the front page, I get a not ofund error (RPC2). If I try this on
> > any non-CMF part of a site, it works fine.
> >
> > I'm off to work, so I'll have to look into this mor elater, but I
> > thought I'd give a heads up.
>
> Bill,
>
> I'm afraid I missed whatever context you may have supplied earlier
> on this problem.  Can you recap, please?

Well, just to test out the lowest denominator, I have a zope server that
has the following stats:
/
|-index_html

L/folder
| L/index_html

L/cmf_instance
  L/index_html (ok, it's actually in the portal_skins tree ;)

Using a simple xml-rpc from python to get the output of index_html (thus
eliminating scripting issues fo rthe most part),

server=xmlrpclib.connect('http://www.my.site/')
server.index_html()   # works

server=xmlrpclib.connect('http://www.my.site/folder')
server.index_html()   # works

server=xmlrpclib.connect('http://www.my.site/cmf_instance')
server.index_html()   # fails

I get a NotFound error (Traceback essentially useless, of course),
complaining about not being able to find "/RPC2".

I haven't tried it with  a big-simple, no dtml method from the cmf
instance, that was what i was _hoping_ to test out, but I got caught up
in teaching someone how to skin properly "Yo man, slip me some skin..."

Bill Anderson

Server: Zope 2.3.1 (src compiled by yours truly)
Zope 2.0 (yeah, I know ... ;) ) .. actually, this is happening on my
productions too, which run 1.5.2 ...
CMF-1.0