[Zope-CMF] portal poll: AttributeError

Andreas Lindenblatt azrael@solution.de
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 09:28:43 +0200

Hi List, hi Dave,

after playing a lot with the former early PTK (and giving up somewhere
in time cause I couldn't keep up with the changes :)) I wanted to give
the CMF a new chance.

Works great out of the box - and the skins really rock!
(fresh install of Zope 2.3.1, CMF1.0-Tarball, Python 1.5.2 on
Mandrake7.2)

For better understanding what makes the CMF tick I tried to get the
portal poll up and running.
I followed Dave's fine tutorial, and there were just two steps which
could not be completed like stated in the tutorial:
- the properties of the propertysheet with type of int required a value
(not "", I used '0')
- while adding the ZClass there's no CMF:PortalContent in the Base
Classes, I used CMFCore:PortalContent

Testing the portal poll was not successfull. After I press [Add] at 'Add
Content' -> Poll -> ID:TestPoll, I get:

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: PollClassProduct

--- cut ---
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 223,
in publish_module
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187,
in publish
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 171,
in publish
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160,
in mapply
    (Object: invokeFactory)
  File /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112,
in call_object
    (Object: invokeFactory)
  File /var/zope/Products/CMFCore/PortalFolder.py, line 368, in
invokeFactory
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /var/zope/Products/CMFCore/TypesTool.py, line 714, in
constructContent
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /var/zope/Products/CMFCore/TypesTool.py, line 469, in
constructInstance
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /var/zope/Products/CMFCore/TypesTool.py, line 440, in
_getFactoryMethod
    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/App/FactoryDispatcher.py, line 99, in
__getitem__
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/App/FactoryDispatcher.py, line 102, in
__bobo_traverse__
  File /usr/share/zope/lib/python/App/Product.py, line 135, in _product
    (Object: Traversable)
AttributeError: (see above)

I'm fairly sure I have a fundamental typo somewhere, but I can't figure
out what's wrong. Before I recheck things for a fourth time... maybe
someone with more experience has an idea where to look for this
'AttributeEror'?

Thanks in advance!

--
----