[Zope-CMF] Real newbie question

Peter Blomert blomert@hagen.de
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:14:24 +0200

Hi,
you can do the changes via skinning the "portal_skins":

go to the ZMI, go to your CMF-Site, you will see the content of this folder. Go to portal_skins, you will see some folders, one of them named "generic". Go to "generic". You find many dtml-methods. The most parts of the sidebar are managed via "action_box", the top-bar is managed via "standard_top_bar".
Okay:
open (par ex.) "standard_top_bar", click the button "customize" and you will get a copy of that method in the folder custom in "porta_skins". This copy you now can edit like usual in Zope.
Okay. Done that your new Menu should work.
If you go back to the folder "portal_skins" you can click properties and you will see in which sequence CMF is searching the folders for a needed method (from left to right). if you want, you can create a totally new folder and put your methods in. Write the name of your folder to the left and that's it.

To learn more about skins, take a look at:
http://cmf.zope.org/doc/devel/writing_skins/view

cu online

Peter Blomert