[Zope-CMF] Real newbie question

Andrew Sawyers andrew@digicool.com
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:31:34 -0400

Gitte,
In answer to the menu question directly, in the dtml method
standard_top_bar.dtml there is something like the following:
wrap="no">&nbsp;
   <form action="&dtml-portal_url;/search">
    <input name="SearchableText" size="16">
    <input border="0" type="image" name="go" src="Images/go.gif"> &nbsp;
   </form>
To add something to this bar, you'd of course simply add it in to the <td>
along with the other links.
I'd take a look at the following document:
http://cmf.zope.org/doc/devel/writing_skins/
It gives an overview of skinning within the CMF.  You're going to have to
familiarize yourself with where things are, and the easiest way is to go
look at the dtml methods in the skins directories.  Once you have a grasp on
where the different presentation logic is in the dtml methods, much of the
look customization will become easier.
What folder does the PortalPoll not show up in?
Hope this helps some,
Andrew