[Zope-CMF] Saving custom data in a MemberData-object frompython

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 17:49:31 -0400

> From: Shane Hathaway <shane@digicool.com>
>
> marc lindahl wrote:
>>
>> Question:  let's say you add some preference, like birth_date.  How/where do
>> you change the sign-up screen and the preferences screen to access that?
>> And do some action like, don't allow signup for age<13....
>
> Currently you'd have to subclass or replace portal_registration, which
> you could do with ZClasses or a Python product.  Invoking a customizable
> script might be better.

Forgive my newbieness but...  replacing portal_registration.py would impact
all CMF sites, right?  Probably not a good idea...  and subclassing it and
sticking the subclass into wherever portal_registration.py is used would be
basically the same thing, right?

If there were some way to modify the portal_registration tool once the CMF
site was created, like the way portal_memberdata properties can be added,
would that be a way to do it?

Is this kind of thing the purpose of the CMFDefault directory?

Can you clarify "Invoking a customizable script might be better"?

also, OT: are there other places to learn about python scripts than:
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/PythonMethods/FrontPage ? Maybe a
how-to?

thanks,
marc