[Zope-CMF] New toy to try out

Jeff Sasmor jeff@janix.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:37:48 -0400

I'd appreciate it if CMF users would try to break a new content-type
(or maybe it's better called a CMF-Accessory) that I have running
on the following URL: (a test-site)

http://www.yellowbrain.com/

You can click the

"Enter CMF portal"  link, join, and create a weblog yourself.

This is a preview, and although there is a help link, there isn't any help
yet.  I'm sure that most of you can figure out how to add a "Blark Weblog"
in the usual way by clicking the Add button in your portal home folder.

Please report bugs to me, I'd like to try to release a beta in a week or so.
I'm sure there are some!  I know that I need to poke around a bit to make
some things work better in Netscape.  Actually, different NS versions do
different things wrong. Groan.

I  initially was trying to enter the "Create-A-Skin" contest and win a
Tshirt, but a skin didn't seem to be enough for what I ended up doing.

BTW, the "Blark" is totally skinnable, as far as I can tell.  It subverts
a little bit of the workflow and security that comes standard on the
CMF, but doesn't affect anything outside of itself. One of my goals with
this 'project' was to make something that could be dropped into a
CMF site without having folks have to figure out some of the more
confusing aspects of the CMF (which is a deep and wide thing).

If it isn't obvious when you look at it, Blark is a weblog that can be
created in
any portal member's folder.

Enjoy,

Jeff Sasmor