[Zope-CMF] trouble with Factory Based Type Information tool

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 07:37:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, marc lindahl wrote:

> > This should be 'CascadingFolders', as I found when I tried
> > your recipe.  I can now create one through the
> > 'folder_factories' view,
>
> "A typo??"... he asked, staring blankly at a pile of his own
> hair :)
>
> > but can't do much with it directly, as the '__getattr__'
> > games it plays conflict with the way skins work.
>
> Yeah, that's wierd, it's recursively messed up!
>
> Anyway, as far as the 'recipe' goes, is it valid?

Yep:  FactoryBasedTypeInformation objects need, at a minimum:

 - ID

 - Metatype

 - Product name

 - Factory method name

Except for the typo, this is what you tried first.

> I'm thinking
> either I did something redundant or overbroad, with the
> permission business.

The product supplies a permission, 'Add CascadingFolder' (or
whatever), as part of the 'registerClass' call;  you need to be
sure that the roles which should add such products have that
permission, is all.