[Zope-CMF] Newbie Q: create document w/o specifying metadata?

davelehman@loewen.com davelehman@loewen.com
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 13:46:17 -0500

I have created a CMF site for our church intranet. I would like to create a
button on one of my portal pages called "Post Story" which will allow
members to post items by themselves. Basically, it will just create a new
"document" item.

However, i would like to just skip the "metadata_edit_form" page (because I
think it's confusing and unintuitive for the unwashed masses) and go
directly to the "edit_document_form". It must be easy to do this, but I
can't figure out how. My first thought was to create a python script that
would create an ID (probably based on ZopeTime?) and supply dummy metadata
and then call the edit_document_form directly.

I'm sure this must be easy, but on behalf of the clueless newbies in the
bunch, could I get a little help on this one?

Regards,
dave