[Zope-CMF] A couple basic newbie questions ...

John Puster john.puster@acymtech.com
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 10:40:09 -0500

1: I'm fairly certain that it is of type Document.  To find out for sure,
you can take a peek at it in the ZMI.  The icons used in CMF are also
reliable for checking that sort of thing (if you haven't added content types
and re-used images).

2: You can add subjects to those select boxes based on content type using
the portal_metadata tool (in the ZMI), under the "elements" tab.

3: I tried out the ExternalImage stuff once.  The main advantage I could
determine was that you end up with a smaller ZODB.  However, it seems like
storing everything in the ZODB is preferable, because you don't have to
worry about things like filesystem permissions, potential cleanup problems
and more complicated site backups.  I think I would only use external
filetypes for really huge files.  There could be some more benefits I'm
missing.

-John