[Zope-CMF] Exposing the document owner's role

Norbert Marrale norbert@attira.com
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 04:29:42 +0200

I'm looking to display the role (anon user, member, reviewer) of the
creator/owner of a particular piece of CMF content.

Preferably, I'd look up the role from the member id in Creator() but I'm at
a loss on how to do this.  My first guess was to look at what's available
through portal_membership but this only seems to give me the role of
the current user who's accessing the portal.

Alternatively, I think I could add a user's role to a document's metadata
upon creation, but this seems like a backward way of achieving my
goal. I'm not interested much in the role a user once had when he or
she created the document, but more in what this role is now.

Any ideas / code samples welcome!

Norbert

On the Road of Life,
there are Tourists and there are Travelers.
I'd rather be Traveling!

Norbert Marrale
norbert@infocatch.com