[Zope-CMF] quick question

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
12 Aug 2001 18:29:20 GMT

CMFCore.PortalContent has this code:

    def manage_afterAdd(self, item, container):
        """
            Add self to the workflow and catalog.
        """
        #
        #   Are we being added (or moved)?
        #
        if aq_base(container) is not aq_base(self):
            wf = getToolByName(self, 'portal_workflow', None)
            if wf is not None:
                wf.notifyCreated(self)
            self.indexObject()

I don't understand the rationale behind the comparison of container and
self. In what circumstances could we have the equality:
	aq_base(container) is aq_base(self) ?
>From my reading of ObjectManager, manage_afterAdd is called on
the subchildren of item, so container is never self. And in any case,
if manage_afterAdd has been called, there was a reason, so we should
do our reindexing unconditionnaly. Isn't it ?

(Same thing in beforeDelete.)

Thanks,

Florent Guillaume
Nuxeo