[Zope-CMF] Re: MS Content Mgt.

Bob Campbell rcam@psouth.net
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 07:33:47 -0400

Ausum wrote:

 "Ausum" <augusto@artlover.com>
Subject: MS Content Management Server

...Has anyone used Resolution before or tested it throughfully?  Are
SharePoint-Content Management Server a real threat to CMF's spreading and
growth, putting aside the fact that Microsoft isn't going to touch Linux, in
the way Paul's pointed out?

I'm betting on Zope and CMF not only because it's object oriented and freely
available, but  because it's always a good idea to learn to develop on
technologies that one's competitors do will need to learn later (like Linux
compels MS webworkers). With Microsoft's move on the content management
arena, I think is useful to get to know its real threat potential, in order
for the community to pay attention to the elements that could strenghten
Zope-CMF, and eventually take measures to overtake Bill's latest appetite.
Ausum"

Cost aside....I think any product that includes a point and click
review/publish workflow interface with automatic archiving and e-mail
notification will be a "real threat" to systems such as CMF (at least on the
Windows platform). And Microsoft's product does just that.

Bob Campbell