[Zope-CMF] User creating a Document

Frank McGeough fm@synchrologic.com
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:31:13 -0400

Zope 2.3.3, CMF 1.1
If a member creates a document the form that is presented is :

"Standard Resource Metadata"

There are "Title" , "Description" , "Subject" fields. Then there is a list
box below Subject that doesn't have anything in it and doesn't have a
header.

I grep'd the source and found :
CMFDefault\dtml\zmi_metadata.dtml contains the <h2> for Standard Resource
Metadata and CMFDefault\skins\content\metadata_edit_form.dtml does as well.

Examining the source seems to indicate that the code is attempting to get a
list of subjects? If this is so then I would like to do the following :

add a set of subjects that members can pick from
get rid of text field that member types in

My thought in this is to have a set number of subjects that I can then
search for in order to present on certain pages within the site. For
example, "Fuzzbot FAQ" would be a subject and have a page listing the
title/descriptions of the returned pages.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed?

Also, shouldn't the code not present the skinny empty list box if there are
no existing subjects? It doesn't look very good.

Thank you.