[Zope-CMF] Virtual Host Monster troubles

Lucas Hofman lucas.hofman@pgs.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:41:34 +0200

I am trying to hide the CMF instance name when accessing the site through its
'official' URL,  there allowing http://tanya.oslo.seres.pgs.com/research/ to
appear as http://web.research.pgs.com.

I had hoped VHM in the root of the zope installation, combined with some
apache rewrite rules  would do that. However, all URL's in the CMF site (news
etc) look like http://web.research.pgs.com/research/xxxx.

How come? Do I have to combine VHM with siteroot or siteaccess?

the relevant part of my http.conf is
NameVirtualHost tanya.oslo.seres.pgs.com
<VirtualHost webdev.research.pgs.com>
  ServerName webdev.research.pgs.com
  DocumentRoot /home/httpd
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteLog /etc/httpd/logs/rewrite.log
  RewriteLogLevel 1
  RewriteRule ^/local/ - [L]
  RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin/ - [L]
  RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/webdev.research.pgs.com:80/research/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[P]
</VirtualHost>

The environment is Mandrake 7.0, Zope 2.3.2, CMF 1.0

Anybody any idea's?
--
Regards,

Lucas Hofman
PGS Research                                    work: +47 67514059
PO Box 354                                       fax: +47 67526640
N-1326 Lysaker, Norway                          home: +47 67581373