[Zope-CMF] Filesystem based CMF objects and ZEO

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:43:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Phil Harris wrote:

> We've got a Zeo ZSS and a few ZEO Clients all running CMF, but we're having
> problems with the disk based skins, namely that since they're not in the
> ZODB they don't get passed to the ZEO clients.
>
> At the moment we've moved the skins into the ZODB, but idealy we'd like to
> find a better solution.
>
> any ideas?

We run the CMF and ZEO together all the time.

Disk-based skins are normally part of a Zope product, and ZEO requires
that each client have its own, identical copy of all the disk-based
software.

How are your ZEO clients set up, that they can't find the file-based
skins?  Or is your problem one of replicating changes to those skins?